Thursday, July 5, 2012

Seeing the light!

Well maybe not quite a light, but I am working my way through the tunnel. I finished ironing, hanging, stapling up black material on my back wall. Whew, that was a lot of work but totally worth covering that AWFUL, burnt orange color. I also starting rearranging furniture, but am having a hard time deciding exactly how I want to setup my classroom. My biggest issue right now is where to put my guided reading table(s). Right now, it is the 3 tables put together on the right of the picture. It's at the front of my classroom right now, but I am trying to decide if I should move it to the back of the room. Our meeting area is in that back corner and I feel like if I put the guided reading table on the back wall that will be too much teacher stuff at the back.


I also cannot decide about all those polka dots on the wall? They were left by the previous teacher and I don't know what to do with them. I may take some of them down just because I think it is a little too busy. Any thoughts?

Well after my 4 hours in my classroom I felt like I had accomplished a lot, however I still have a long ways to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment